Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
JohnPinkerton
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)

Re: Swipe Down Event

[ Edited ]

I appreciate everyone's help with this.  I'm going to have to buy a keg by the time this is all done! :smileyhappy:

Moved the trace to proper location thanks to Jtegen/JRab corrections.  Removed the import.

It still errors when I attempt to send as debug to the PlayBook, but works fine when Desktop AIR.

Do I have to add some parameters to get the debug info to pass proper between PlayBook/Flash Builder console?

Edit: Let me clarify this a bit.  Normal Run to PlayBook runs fine.  Debug Run to PlayBook errors about not a valid .bar file.  Can run either way to Adobe AIR Desktop (as expected).

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

[ Edited ]

What's the exact error message (possibly including some surrounding lines) about this invalid bar file?  Nobody has reported that, although there are past threads mentioning an invalid manifest in the bar file.  (Edit: oops, it was actually someone misreading a line that read "bar manifest file is valid".)

Note, obviously, that running in ADL won't help you since it doesn't know about the swipe-down stuff.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey johnp (avoid ambiguity haha)

im surprised you arent getting a PPS error on the desktop run. back when i started the swipe listening i couldnt run it in the desktop AIR because of the QNXApplication.qnxApplication class call. also i remember you were using MXML in a previous post. are you still doing that? and also you said you modified the code in the other page - how did you go about the modifications? thanks!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
JohnPinkerton

@Peter: I've attached images of the errors below.

@JRab: Yes, still same project, still using MXML. 

So when I hit Run Debug I get this error instantly:

Error 1.PNG

Then it sits for a long time trying, slowly counting up percentage:

Error 2.PNG

Then it finally times out and errors:

Error 3.PNG

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

John, can you cut and paste text from a console window or anything?  Sometimes the screenshots take literally hours, or I think even a day, to get approved.  If you use the Rich Text editor there's a little C-on-a-clipboard icon that you can use to paste the text in without reformatting.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

hey johnp,

yeah the screen shots will take a while to be approved by the moderators (sometimes quicker though). from the sound of it though the problem may be that you are mixing MXML with AS and the swipedown isnt reacting to well to it. (i always hated chem hah)

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Developer
JohnPinkerton

Oh, there is no output in the console.  It's an error generated by Flash Builder it would seem.

Here's a link: http://i53.tinypic.com/2h3vi4y.png and it says:

Error: Bar file must have .bar extensions: Main-app.xml

Please use plain text.
Developer
JohnPinkerton

Here's a link to the other one: http://i52.tinypic.com/2luq6td.png

Failed to connect; session timed out.
Ensure that:
You compiled your Flash application with debugging on.
You are running the debugger version of Flash Player.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

ahhh i think i know. how are you creating the project? is it a mobile project? or is it a normal Flex project? i believe in order ot have an app work with the playbook you must either choose ActionScript Mobile Project or Flex Mobile Project when you initially create your project.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Please use plain text.
Developer
JohnPinkerton

Flex Project using Desktop AIR.

Please use plain text.