Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
ultravisual
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None

Tablet simulator - location of root folder for AIR dev

[ Edited ]

Hi All

Just recently started delving into the blackberry SDK and getting a couple of app ideas built, with Flash Builder (Burrito) and Adobe AIR in AS3. I am building one that requires a sqllite database. At the moment every time I run the app on the simulator it creates a new database rather than finding the previously created one, which leads me to believe that the previous one is destroyed once the app closes on the simulator - is this so or am I missing something? I am currently running the simulator from an ISO and was also wandering if running from an OS written to a partitioned drive might give it a more permanent location?

If it isn't deleted when the app closes where is the location of the root folder for the VMWare player? (windows 7)

Thanks

Shane

/**********************************************************************/

Playbook apps:
LPlayer

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Tablet simulator - location of root folder for AIR dev

I would think that not be the case. 

1. Does it have the correct behavior when running as an AIR application?
  2. Are you checking for the file existance and opening that database file to then do inserts and updates?
  3. How are you saving the database file?  Are you using the directory from File.applicationStorageDirectory and then calling myfile = myfile.resolvePath( 'my.db' )?

File state is not lost when an application is closed or the simulator is rebooted unless you explicitly remove it.  My guess is that you're overwriting the db file each time or you're not really saving it and information is just being cached in memory.  Just a hunch.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ultravisual
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None

Re: Tablet simulator - location of root folder for AIR dev

What a dip **bleep**! I had a space in AUTOINCREMENT in my sql query and I was catching the error so it was failing silently! Spelling error fixed and all working good!

/**********************************************************************/

Playbook apps:
LPlayer

Please use plain text.