Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Airtel

Target Platform error

Hi,

I was about to try out an application for BB Playbook. So i had downloaded and installed Adobe Flash Builder + PlayBook SDk v0.9.3. But still now the Adobe Flash Builder is showing only Google Andriod in the Target Platform. Then how could i create a project for the Playbook.

Please help.....

Thanks in advance.

Vineeth K.

Developer
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)
My Carrier: Regional

Re: Target Platform error

Vineeth,

As a general rule of thumb, when you've found a problem, assume someone else has already had the problem and found a solution. There's a small search box at the top of the page that lets you search pretty easily. I hope this first part doesn't come off rough, I don't intend it to but saying this on a forum sometimes feels harsh from the other end.

Do you have Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS, Linux? I'm assuming Windows based, if it's Windows 7 did you run the installs as Administrator? (Right click on it, Run as Administrator) Have you tried reinstalling the SDK?

Here's another thread with same issue, the poster was able to resolve the issue with a reinstall (looks like of both Flash Builder & the SDK).

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Target Platform error

Lol John, I think you put that a lot nicer than most people would have.

Vineeth: make sure you also install flash builder with the language set to "English:International"
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -