Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: Text animation & screen tearing with Tweener class

I'm familiar with the concept from doing some stuff with SDL, but not familiar with how you'd do it in AS3.  I had been crossing my fingers that the Tweener class abstracted this away but maybe it doesn't.  Will first try tweaking the tween times, and if that doesn't work, will try using ENTER_FRAME triggered motion.  Unless it's dirt simple to roll your own double buffering it may be overkill for my app - it is just scrolling some text across the screen at different speeds, not doing any physics based or non deterministic animation.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

My app has many labels, buttons and what-not with 3D transitions from screen to screen. I get awful lagging in the simulator but it's very smooth in Windows. Personally, I'm going to wait until I get an actual PlayBook to try it on to see if it's smooth, unless there's an official answer to this or something just as good.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Kai001 wrote:

Is the animation very complex? What are your computer's specs?

My app has many labels, buttons and what-not with 3D transitions from screen to screen. I get awful lagging in the simulator but it's very smooth out of it. Which brings me to ask is this problem happening in the simulator only?

I don't have an actual device.  I'm only testing in the simulator at this point.  I was testing in ADL earlier, but that was before I put in all my dialog classes.  But I seem to recall it was tearing in ADL as well.  My computer specs are adequate:  Core 2 Quad 2.6GHz, 4GB DDR3, XP Pro SP3.  And I'm not running a lot of other programs; usually just Flash Builder, a browser, and the simulator.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I was under the assumption that air would take care of double bufferring for you... Guess not
----------------------------------------
If this post solved your problem, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button.
If you found this post useful, please provide a Kudo. Thanks.

Approved Apps: Celestial Slingshot