Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
Smugrik
My Device: PlayBook

TextInput Change Event not fired on the new fuse TextInput

Hi there,

I want  to react to the text being typed in a TextInput, for example, the TextInput is a search box, and I refine the results of the search with each new letter typed.

The old qnx.ui.text.TextInput used to fire an Event.CHANGE event when text was modified, listening to this, I could detect new letters typed and relaunch the search.

Now with the new qnx.fuse.ui.text.TextInput from OS2, the TextInput doesn't fire an event anymore, so I had to stick with the old TextInput...

But then I wonder if there is another way I could listen to the text being typed, or if this is just a gap in the documentation of the fuse textInput and there is another event fired?

Thanks!

Julien
Web: smugrik.org Follow: @Smugrik
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: TextInput Change Event not fired on the new fuse TextInput

There seems to be some little things not right about the fuse text input. You might want to submit a bug report so they can be certain to correct it.
Developer
georg22
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Same here. 

Also the KeyboardEvent.KEY_DOWN and KeyboardEvent.KEY_UP fire only on the return key. It works on the desktop but not on the device. 

Has anybody an idea how to detect inputs on a fuse TextInput?

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

A new 3.0 BB10 AIR SDK is suppose to be coming out "soon". You might want to wait till then to see if it has been corrected. But since we have no insight into when "soon" will be, it might we worth a bug report just to make certain it gets checked.
Developer
georg22
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Hi jtegen, i am currently not using the BB10 SDK because its an older Playbook-App i am using PB 2.0 SDK to add predictive keyboard support.  If its a bug i have no hope they will fix it, because i think RIM puts all manpower into BB10. I have decided only to listen to focus out event and remove the feature where i used it. It was anyway not very important.

Hopefully 3.0 will fix it.