Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
berryawesome
My Device: Not Specified

Thank You

Hello Everyone,

As the free Playbook offer reaches its deadline, I wanted to take a brief moment to give thanks to all the developers and contributors on these forums for their help and continued support.

I myself post very little (mostly out of time restrictions) but browse the forums on a regular basis. To me it's amazing how most of the time, by the time you read a new post, there's already a reply from a buddying developer or contributor trying to help.

I know for many developers (myself included), their apps would have not come to fruition without the collaboration on the forums. Even if you struggled with you app, I hope that you'll continue to develop for the platform past the 31st as most of us here will.

I won't mention specific users not to leave anyone out. If your app was influenced in any way by any of the kind souls on these forums, I ask that you join me on this post by saying thank you. It's the least we could do.

Kudos to You!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Thank You

berryawesome wrote:

If your app was influenced in any way by any of the kind souls on these forums, I ask that you join me on this post by saying thank you. It's the least we could do.

Kudos to You!

Specifically thank them AND click on the kudos and/or solution in your threads.

Good points, berryawesome.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
arby10101
My Device: Not Specified

I'll definitely second this. The Playbook development and even the submission process has been astonishingly smooth. But in every instance when I encountered an obstacle it was quickly solved with a post here.

Thank you all.

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Ditto! As much as I have put into this forums I've taken back even more! This is a great place to find and explore new ideas and collaborate. The people here are definitely welcoming and eager to tackle any and all problems.

You may not notice but those who answer the questions arent the only ones that help -- those who ask them are just as helpful if not more! without the questions we'd never have answers :smileyhappy:

so keep asking and keep answering eveyone. keep up the great work!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook

Agreed. This is a great idea. Thanks for all the people offering suggestions, tagging posts, and for marking your solutions...well as solutions.

Thanks everyone!

Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

JRab really brings up a great point. For those reading and not asking questions because they are too shy or nervous because their question may seem to simple, just know that I felt that same way, and I'm sure many others did. But also know that you are rarely ever the only person with that problem, and many others are probably frantically looking for a solution as well. So keep asking (I know I will) and keep answering and helping where ever you can!

Thanks to everyone!

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

One of the things that will make PB is a success is a strong developer community.  Yes, I know that more developers = more competition.  But a strong community = more developers = more apps = more customers = more money.  I think RIM is realizing how the grass roots support of this forum is unique and should be supported as much as possible.  I enjoy agreeing and disagreeing with those active on this forum.  In the end, we all win.

Developer
gluth
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Thank you all,

for continouos help and for shared victory! I will continue creating Playbook applications, and this is my second target device, right after BlackBerry smartphones.

:Clap:

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Developer
ajerman
My Device: Playbook Simulator

I agree, thanks to everyone here. We're all learning something new that's not very well documented at the moment, and it can definitely be difficult at times. I can think of several times where I just got hung up and couldn't do anything until I figured out one small step, but people here were great about helping get everything fixed.

Now I hope I can try to give back a little as I learn things.

Developer
KenSalmon
My Device: Tour

Definately agreed! I've been lurking here for the most part, for quite some time now. Watching, reading, learning. I've been writing software for [mumble-something] years, and this platform presents a new paradigm and set of challenges.

(You know how every second thread seems to ask a question that's already been asked, and the first response is "use the search feature". I'm the guy who uses the search feature :smileyhappy: OK it's not really that bad...).