Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
tertullian01

The command line is too long

I created a test application and pushed it to the simulator without any problems.  So I tried to take an existing project and do the same thing and when I try to push it to the simulator I get this error:

Error occurred while packaging the application:

The command line is too long.

Any help on this?  The only other post I found about this in the forums was that there were conflicting SWF files and that is not the case.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: The command line is too long

What command are you trying?

What OS are you on?

If Windows, is your command bounded in double quotes?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tertullian01

I am running this from the latest version of Flash Builder Burrito with the latest Blackberry PlayBook SDK.  I use the Run/Debug Configuration to Launch on the device.   Essentially I am following these instructions: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/21877/Run_app_FB45_1397696_11.jsp

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tertullian01

I am on Windows Vista as well

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Carrier: Verizon

When you say "your taking an existing project...", has this project been configured against the correct SDK (QNX/BB 0.9.1), does it run as a QNX AIR application? Do you have the blackberry-tablet.xml file in the /src directory?

Still try to understand exactly what your setup is.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tertullian01

So what I did is take an Adobe AIR Mobile Project that was built for Android.  I went into the project properties and went to the Flex Build Packaging option.  Then under BlackBerry Tablet I selected the "Enable this target platform" option.  I have tried it with and without the "Include BlackBerry Tablet libraries in build path" but it doesn't seem to make a difference.  I have also tried disabling the Google Android platform to make sure that wasn't the problem.  I have placed the blackberry-tablet.xml file in the /src directory.

I just checked Flex Compiler option in the project properties and it is set to use the Flex Hero SDK.  I added the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.1 for Adobe AIR to my "Installed Flex SDKs" however I am not able to select it as the specific SDK.  When I set BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.1 for Adobe AIR as the default SDK I get an error saying "BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.1 for Adobe AIR does not support mobile projects."

What is truly confusing about all of this is that I created a simple HelloWorld application which is just the default Adobe AIR Mobile project.  I didn't add anything special to it including the blackberry-tablet.xml and I am able to run it in the simulator.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

Hey tertullian,

when all else fails i usually start from scratch. i recommend you starting a new project (your SDK should be set to Flex Hero) and this time choosing the target platform as BlackBerry Tablet. Once you have a blank project just add all your files from your andoid project. at this point all your settings should be correct and its just a matter of getting the structure of your source files and folders correct. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
willyyr
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

hey tertullian01,

i actually had the same error. This happened to me when i added the flixel api to my project. I resolved it by unchecking some of the content of the API to be included in the build(e.g. docs etc.) and that did the trick. Sorry the screenshot has german language. You might have some stuff included which causes this error. settings.png

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tertullian01

Thanks willyyr.  I tried reducing it down to only including the bare minimum and I still get the same problem.  Technically I am including another project as an actionscript library and I don't know if that is the problem.  But at this point I would have to merge all of the code to test that and it is no easy thing to do.  So hopefully I will get a chance to try that or just start from scratch as JRab suggested.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Please use plain text.
Developer
willyyr
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

Another thing that worked for me.

When i added the path to the flixel api to the sample HelloWorld App that is included in the Burrito build the error didn't show even without removing some of the stuff. So if you take the included HelloWorld and put all your stuff in it that might be a workaround.

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Please use plain text.