Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
a2_sJ
My Device: non-Blackberry user/Developer
Accepted Solution

Time Stamp on App Submission!?!

I sent in my app literally 10:50pm on the 31st.

Where I live our time zone is: (EDT)

Standard time zone:UTC/GMT -5 hours
Daylight saving time:+1 hour
Current time zone offset:

UTC/GMT -4 hours

But now like 2 days after, our time stamp on on our ticket says:

April 01st 1:30am something...

LIKE WHAT THE FAT?!

Do you guys think Blackberry approval people will be lenient or not? With that extra hour?

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Time Stamp on App Submission!?!

There are several ways to view tickets, and tickets go through many states, with each update probably resulting in a new timestamp.

How are you looking at this, and what exactly is the information you're seeing?

(If you check the ticket history information, you'll likely solve your puzzle.  Otherwise you've given us too little to say much.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
a2_sJ

forum.png

Developer
peter9477

Note that posting screenshots instead of copy/pasting text is the worst way to get fast answers, as it can take anywhere from minutes to many hours before a moderator can review and approve images.  Until then, everyone but the user posting them sees just a placeholder image.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
a2_sJ

BLAHRelease Status1.0
Under Review
Approved
BLAH@gmail.comApr 01, 2011 01:30:37Open

sorry the chart got a little messed up, the PART ABOVE should also be under this table :

ID
Property
Old Value
New Value
User
Modified
Status

BLAHProduct StatusName: "Call of Duty: Black Ops - Ultimate Guide"
ApprovedBLAH@gmail.comApr 01, 2011 01:30:37Open
Developer
peter9477

Okay, in spite of the relatively abrupt answers, which really make it hard to help you, I think I can see that the way you're getting this info is from looking at the "History" tab when in Edit Product under the Manage Products menu.  Is that right?

What you should do is look at the top-level menu and instead of Manage Products, look under Change Request Tickets.

Explore.  Click on everything and examine it.  When I find my first ticket labelled

Content Approval Request, Release Approval Request

in the notes, there's a number next to it, with a link.  I click on that link to see the details.  One says "Created Date", which is probably what you want.  There's also some stuff under Change Requests, and a History tab there.

Contributor
a2_sJ

Sorry if my answers were abrupt :smileyfrustrated:

But yeah I was already in that section, and for Created Date: Apr 01, 2011 01:30:37.

It does say April 1st, but its wierd cause after submitting my app I got a verification email with the time stamp:

fromBlackBerry App World <blackberryappworldnotifications@rim.com>
toblah@gmail.com
dateThu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:30 PM
subjectVendor Portal for BlackBerry App World Submission Receipt
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

If you submission email has the right time I wouldn't worry too much. You never know, it could be that they didn't look at your submission until that time due to the overload of apps they received, and that was when their system stamped it. I think either way you've got a pretty good case on your hands if they said you were too late (especially with the email proof.)

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
peter9477

Don't know how I missed it earlier, because I'm the one who keeps posting this answer, but server times show in UTC.  You're fine... the deadline wasn't until 0359Z, and you got it in at 0130Z.

Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Peter, I thought that was the case too and was going to say it earlier but wasn't 100%. I guess it would make sense though that GMT isn't 8 hours different than PST lol.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -