Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Q10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Touch UI and different screen resolutions

Hello, I plan to port the PlayBook app I am working on to BB10.

Since the PlayBook has a 1024x600 resolution, to anyone who has done this, how does the app end up showing up if you port it to BB10? Can the app automaticall be scaled up, or do I need to do this in my code?

More specifically, I have 2 transparent images on the screen to handle touch interaction. Touch coordinates are returned based on what coordinate of the image the user has touched.

Will I need to create different images of different resolutions to handle this depending on the device resolution?

I'd appreciate any advice on how to approach this...

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Touch UI and different screen resolutions

The density is about 2x from that of the PlayBook. You will need to manage this in code since all the buttons and such will look about half the size from that of the PlayBook. when BB10 is over on the PlayBook (few months) there will be tools to manage this a lot easier.

Any assets will have to be sized to the new screen, either by loading a unique asset or resizing the asset dynamically.

If you load assets dynamically, you can use a naming convention to load the correct images based on the screen size (one for playbook, BB10 touch and BB10 qwerty).
Please use plain text.