Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Try and Buy no longer supported

Surprise.  Try and Buy no longer supported by App World.  No notification.  Bam!  Alternative is to do in-app purchases for a subscription.  However, some (including me) cant get in-app purchases to work 100% in AIR and RIM have been trying to figure why some get an odd error for about a month.  Try and Buy has increased sales with all or my apps, now they take that away without a viable alternative. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Try and Buy no longer supported

I've seen lots of talk about this, but so far nobody saying that they've checked with RIM and heard that it was not an inadvertent mistake...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

I've been told that it was removed for PlayBook/BB10 Apps on App World. Poor planning, but not a mistake.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

WHAT !?!

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Contributor
willie44
My Device: Not Specified

Did RIM give a official response on this issue?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

No, not yet. It was planned that this was supposed to be done (document found in App World forum), but someone at RIM never thought it thru all the way and cared to let those that this might impact to know about it.
Please use plain text.