Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Turning off debug mode in Burrito

That is a "features" of FB.  I guess they want to make certain nothing got added to it or was left over from a previous build.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

also keep in mind you might have to order a new set of keys since you tried ot register the same .csj more than once. so assuming that's the case you might get a "chain error" of sorts. if thats the case, definitely order new keys. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

yeah, I came to the same conclusion and ordered a third set last night.  We'll see if they show up today and I'll try it again later.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Brent

If you found my post helpful, please thank me with a Kudo. Thanks!
Developer

Well that "feature" was deleting the .bar file so it needs a bit of work... :-)  but I think you are right.  Thanks John.

Best regards,

Brent

Developer

Burrito Signing Solutions!

Got it!  I've now got a signed application sitting in App World waiting to be approved so I can mark it for sale! (I already got my free blackberry shipping address note so this was just so I could get my application out for "sale" (It's a free app) on launch day).  Many kudos to JRAB and JFFURLAN for helping me figure this out.  You guys are noble knights.

I'm going to create a separate thread because many of the the problems are not related to the title of this thread and I want to ensure that we catch as many folks as we can (at least until they fix Burrito+SDK 0.9.4) so that people don't go through the H, E, double hockey sticks I did.  I'll post a marker to that here but here is the solution to the debug mode problem that started this whole thread at least:

Problem 1 -  The debugging flag not being recognized in Burrito.

This one was a stinker but in retrospect, I think its WAD (Working as Designed).  The Burrito Flash Builder treats Debug/Run and Clean as 'debug' sessions whether or not you actually launch the debugger.  The generated code is the same (so that you can launch the debugger later).  Therefore it IGNORES (or more properly overrides) the setting of the -debug=false on the compiler command line.  If you want a truly debug free version, the ONLY way is to do Project->Export Release Build.

Best regards,

Brent

Developer

Re: Burrito Signing Solutions!

Here's a pointer to the solutions for the problems referenced above.  Good luck!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Are-you-having-Signing-Issues/td-...

Best regards,

Brent

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Brentcameron glad you finall got it signed and thanks for the tutorial!
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Highlighted
Developer

Just to close off this thread for anyone searching for similar issues, I'd start here next time:

RIM has put together a great little video tutorial on debug and signing tokens.  Wish I had it when I was going through this....  pay VERY close attention to it and you should be fine.  One of the problems I had was using different passwords for my signing, CSK (both debug and signing) and p12 keys.  The utilities are pretty unforgiving of any mistakes.  Follow his instructions to the letter and you should be fine.  Good luck.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Creating-Debug-Tokens-and-Applica...

Best regards,

Brent