Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
monkeypunch
My Device: Playbook

Unable to register client “1234567890” because there are no more registration attempts

I'm manually registering through the Signing screen (Flash Builder > Preferences > Flash Builder > Target Platforms > Blackberry Tablet > Signing > Register) and after filling out the form and clicking OK I get this error.

Error Unable to register client “1234567890” because there are no more registration attempts. If you have already registered with this server, then you must contact RIM to register additional users.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ITFCJim
My Device: Bold 9900 + Dev Alpha B + PlayBook

Re: Unable to register client “1234567890” because there are no more registration attempts

Are you trying to register Code Signing keys which you have already registered in the past? Once the keys have been registered the CSJ file becomes locked (as the P12, CSK, and DB files have been created) and you cannot register them again

If you are trying to register the keys on a second machine and still have the P12, CSK, and DB files from your previous machine you can copy them into the right place and they should just work (mine did) - see details at the bottom of this KB article:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Backup-and-Restore-BlackBerry-Code-Sig...

If you've lost the files and your CSJ has already been registered then you're stuck I'm afraid, you'll have to order some new signing keys from https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/ - they should only take a couple of hours to arrive (and they're free!)

Hope that helps

Jim

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help fellow forum users! Please remember to click "Like" on helpful posts.
If a post solves your problem click "Mark as solution"
Please use plain text.