Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Unable to start MyApplication due to Error 9 and Error 3

[ Edited ]

I installed Tablet OS 2.0.0.7111 to test my application (any application) and when I try to launch it, it exits and shows a notification with the error message, "Unable to start Application due to error 9". 

Update

I just rebooted and now all applications are starting normaly except mine. Mine attempts to start but then quickly exits and unfortunately with no error message or any sort of notification.

History of steps

Received a link to this webpage via email https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/native/beta/register/

Followed the steps to upgrade to Tablet 2.0 and restarted

Upgrade was successful

Went to my 1.0.0 compatible app and tried to launch it

It opened, showed a white screen for ~5 to 10 seconds then exited. Retested a few times with the same results.

Opened App World and App World showed a notification for an upgrade to the 2.0 compatible version of my app.

Installed the app successfully

On the home screen found my app icon and attempted to launch it.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Unable to start MyApplication due to Error 9 and Error 3

Check the log file! Here's how:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/How-to-Transfer-Files-To-or-From-...

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer

Thanks Innovatology but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

You can add trace() statements to your app, to determine where it is crashing. If you package a version with debug info, those trace statements should appear in the log file, which you can access with the above method. You can also ssh into the device and simply cat the log file.

But why not just set a breakpoint in your app in FlashBuilder, do a debug-on-device, and see how far you get?

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer

[ Edited ]

The application is downloaded from App World. I uploaded it and set the minimum required Tablet OS to version 2.0. Now that I've downloaded Tablet 2.0 it showed up as an update and I downloaded it to test it out.

Unfortunately, now I can't debug on it because I'm getting "failure 500 application author does not match debug token author" and or "Please enter your CSK password". Nothing seems to work. I'll create a new post for these.

Developer

[ Edited ]

It seems the solution to the error 9 and error 3 was a reboot.

The cause of why my app was exiting quickly had to do with setting a StageWebView to a local file in the View initialize event. It could be caused by attempting to access or create a File  to early or attempting to load the webview contents too early.

The solution was to wait until the creationComplete of the View.

Note: This worked previously so something must have changed in 2.0. Test your apps.