09-04-2012 02:31 PM
I did try that jtegen.
I finally fixed my problems, but in a way that would be disastrous if I had released an app. I went through the code signing process with a new set of keys, and everything worked fine with the new registration. As I am still developing the app, it is not that big of a deal, but it would be a huge deal for someone who needs to update a released app.
The only explanation that I can think of is that the debug token expiring on the device changed something, preventing the signing registration associated with that debug token from working on the device.
09-04-2012 02:43 PM
I did wipe the device, both through the "Security Wipe" on the Playbook, and through "Update" on the powered down Playbook through the desktop software. Neither of these wipes remedied "Error 8".
I think you may have missed that my problems are now fixed, as a result of a new signing registration.
I will make sure to renew my debug tokens before they expire, which may mitigate the chances of this situation happening again.