Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
Rikerz
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: Unable to start application - error code 8

I did try that jtegen.

I finally fixed my problems, but in a way that would be disastrous if I had released an app. I went through the code signing process with a new set of keys, and everything worked fine with the new registration. As I am still developing the app, it is not that big of a deal, but it would be a huge deal for someone who needs to update a released app.

The only explanation that I can think of is that the debug token expiring on the device changed something, preventing the signing registration associated with that debug token from working on the device.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Try doing a wipe of the device?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rikerz
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

I did wipe the device, both through the "Security Wipe" on the Playbook, and through "Update" on the powered down Playbook through the desktop software. Neither of these wipes remedied "Error 8".

I think you may have missed that my problems are now fixed, as a result of a new signing registration.

I will make sure to renew my debug tokens before they expire, which may mitigate the chances of this situation happening again.

Please use plain text.