Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
jaxim
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Useful Tip: Package Images Via Command Line

ok. I created the p12 file.

I incremented the version number and recreated the BAR file.

Then I proceed to sign the bar file using the following command line again:

"C:/PATH/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3/bin/"blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass "mypassword123" -keystore "C:/PATH/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3/bin/output_file.p12" -storepass "mypassword123" MyApp.bar RDK

And now I get a new error:

barsigner error: developer certificate and private key not found in keystore or store password not supplied

What am I missing now?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

try not to use quotes in the password and see what happens

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jaxim

I wasn't using quotes. I just retyping the original poster's command line. The original poster had put quotes around the password just for affect.

Actually I found the issue. There was a related post: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/barsigner-error-developer-certifi...

When I was creating the P12 file, I copied and pasted the command line incorrectly. The P12 creation command should end with "-alias author" but I mistakenly copied and pasted "-alias auth".

Once I corrected the issued, I was able to succussfully double sign the bar file. YEH!!!

To bad I was never able to get flash builder to package and sign my app -- but that is a battle for another day. Hopfully RIM/Adobe make the process easier.

thanks to all for the assist!!!!

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

You're also running 093.  You should be doing this with 094.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jaxim

Actually I am running 094. I just copied and pasted the command from the 1st post to save time (with slight changes), which I probably shouldn't have since it confuses matters. The command line that I ultimately used and which eventually worked looks much different.

The only thing (and I'm not sure if this is a problem) is that I had registered the key using flash builder - not using the command line. Aside from registering the key, I used command lines to package and sign my app. There are 5 files under the META-INF directory of my BAR file, so it seems like it worked.

Should I worry that I couldn't re-register the key using the command line or is registering thru Flash Builder essentially the same thing?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Registering the keys can only be done once.  If it worked under FB and that produced a good signing, then you're probably OK.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
cheekdotcom
My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

This is the *only* post that actually worked for me. Thank you so much!

Joseph
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

glad its all still working even till now lol -- thanks for the confirmation !
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.