Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use
Accepted Solution

Using Both PB 2.0+ SDK & BB10 Air SDK inside Flash Builder 4.6

Do any of you have experience creating applications using both the PB2+ and BB10 Air SDKs in Flash Builder? How do you switch the build configuration between the two SDKS? So let's say you are making apps for Playbook and at the same time you are making apps for BB10...

Where do you configure your  IDE with these settings?

Looking forward to your responses.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 1st Gen BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB (Gift from RIM :D)
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Using Both PB 2.0+ SDK & BB10 Air SDK inside Flash Builder 4.6

There is basically only one way to do this: You first install the 2.0+ SDK and then the BB10 Beta SDK. This is how you ensure, that you have the data of both sdks installed on your pc. The Flash Builder plugin will be the one of the BB10 sdk.

I have tested some of the components of the BB10 SDK on PlayBook OS 2.0.1. Needless to say, that some features are not supported.
Note: When I refer to libraries and "ane"s, I mean the ones provided by the BB10 SDK. The following findings are only valid with a pre-BB10 PlayBook OS, 2.0.1 being the latest I think. PlayBook OS 2.1 can be considered BB10, although some features don't work there either.
Here's what I found out: You can use the fuse controls, but the classes in the "qnx.fuse.ui.dialog" package don't work because the classes in the "qnx.fuse.ui.window" package do NOT work.
You cannot use "QNXDevice.ane" because the "NavControl" class which is essential for bezel gestures doesn't work and the notifications don't work either.
If you are using the "fuse" components, you must also use "QNXSkins.ane".
The "QNXLocale.ane" does work. I didn't test "QNXNetwork.ane" though. The invocation framework doesn't work.

Whew, that was some writing. If I missed something or you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.
This is a signature. Don't expect anything fancy, for I would use an image if I could. But I can't, so cope with it...