Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
lrrm
My Device: Playbook (sim)
Accepted Solution

Using qnx classes leads to white SWF

Hi,

I'm a bit confused and I'm pretty sure I have made a failure somewhere.

I'm using FlashDevelop 4.2.2 on Windows 8 and I'm able to deploy a SWF without problems. Except if it comes to qnx classes.

I wanted to use the ActionBar class. As the class is not importable, although I have set the latest AIR SDK as default SDK, I copied the whole qnx folder into my projects library folder and added the following files to my library.
• QNXDevice.ane

• QNXSkins.ane

• qnxui.swc

In the swf file I'm import the ActionBar class and make an instance. Then I add it to the stage. This seems to work so far. The export of the swf runs through without any error. The swf file opens up without an error. It is just plain white. There have been other items at the stage and I'm sure they aren't displayed because the debug player detects an exception before any other errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks

lrrm

I haven't changed neither the application.xml nor the bar-descriptor.xml? Should I? If yes in which way?

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
pgarcia
My Device: Torch, Playbook

Re: Using qnx classes leads to white SWF

Hi lrmm

I'm assuming you're deploying to a device or simulator, yes?

In order to work, your *-app.xml file has to contain something like this (changing the ane's properly):

<extensions>
  <extensionID>qnx.system.QNXDevice</extensionID>
  <extensionID>qnx.fuse.ui.skins.QNXSkins</extensionID>
</extensions>

Also, when creating the BAR file, you have to include the ANE's as well. To do so from command line, you have to use the -ane <ane_file> parameter when calling the blackberry-airpackager utility.

I hope it helps.

---
Paulo Garcia
Please use plain text.
Developer
lrrm
My Device: Playbook (sim)

Re: Using qnx classes leads to white SWF

thank you for the reply. I really missed the extension part in the xml files.

this may sound a bit stupid but I assumed that the classes were just premanufactured movieclips or sprites. so I tested the swf in the local debug flashplayer.

I thought it wouldn't work so I did not tested it on the dev alpha... sorry....

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Please use plain text.