Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
rkrull79
My Device: Playbook 16GB, Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of requestSoftKeyboard in qnx.ui.text.TextInput

After upgrading to Flash Builder 4.5.1 and Tablet SDK 1.1 my app will no longer run in the simulator  or on the device (device upgraded to OS ver 1.0.6)

The following error is thrown when launching the app: "VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of requestSoftKeyboard in qnx.ui.text.TextInput"

Anyone else getting this error?

Developer
CoCopia
My Device: PlayBook V1 and proud of it :-)

Re: VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of requestSoftKeyboard in qnx.ui.text.TextInput

this error relates to different parts of your app being compiled with different sdks, quite how this would relate to the keyboard or how this would happen I not sure. Is this an older project which you updated to the new sdk?

Keep the Forum productive and useful for all. Click Kudos button if I've helped you. Select Solved to help everyone.

PlayBook qualifying app - Pandoras' Lights
Blog - CoCopia.co.uk Catch me on Twitter cocopia_apps
Contributor
rkrull79
My Device: Playbook 16GB, Curve 9300

Re: VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of requestSoftKeyboard in qnx.ui.text.TextInput

Yes it was an older project which was updated to use the new SDK. I ended up deleting and recreating the project...this resolved the issue.
Developer
CoCopia
My Device: PlayBook V1 and proud of it :-)

Well done, mark the thread as solved, with the new updates, there might be a few people with this problem. :smileyhappy:

Keep the Forum productive and useful for all. Click Kudos button if I've helped you. Select Solved to help everyone.

PlayBook qualifying app - Pandoras' Lights
Blog - CoCopia.co.uk Catch me on Twitter cocopia_apps
costmo
My Device: PlayBook

Deleting and re-creating the project shouldn't be necessary, so I rooted around until I found an easier way.  I hope this helps someone.

If you followed instructions from RIM to "create your first app", there are some settings to undo.

In your Project Properties:

1. Go to Flex Build Packaging --> BlackBerry Tablet OS --> Advanced

1a. Remove everything from "Extra packaging options"

2. Go to Flex Compiler

2a. Remove "-swf-version 10" from the box

You should probably verify that the SDK version is correct on this screen also.

The instructions with these no longer valid settings are still up at http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/21878/Configure_build_pkg_FB45_for_AIR25_16395...

I think that they applied to beta versions of Flash Builder, but they don't work for new projects as of FB 4.5.1

JHolesek
My Device: Developer for Playbook

Hi, I did what you said. I also needed to change the namespace in the application xml file from 2.5 to 2.6.