Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
nomi34
My Device: 9800 and Playbook
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

VideoDisplay fullscreen

Hello,

How does one do fullscreen with VideoDisplay?

I am using:

stage.fullScreenSourceRect = new Rectangle(video.x, video.y, video.width, video.height);
                    stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;
                    stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN;

But this does not allow me to go back to normal screen!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
jdolce
My Device: Not Specified

Re: VideoDisplay fullscreen

This method is most commonly used in the browser or on the desktop. For fun have you tried doing a swipe down from the top bezel?

Because all applications are full screen this really isn't necessary. Simply set the width and height of the video to the width and height of the stage.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nomi34

I see, thank you! That's what I ended up doing, I really was hoping that flash had better support for videos scaling but taking a 640x352 to 1024x600 does nor look pretty at all (smoothing enabled).

Can I access the top notification bar for video/audio being played so that the screen does not auto-dim if I use VideoDisplay though?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
jdolce
My Device: Not Specified

You can prevent the screen from going into standby while your video is playing. Check out the NativeApplication.systemIdleMode property.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/desktop/NativeApplication.h...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nomi34

Just tried swiping from the top - that does not work, not in the slightest :smileyhappy:

What about audio? Can I access the top notification bar for that? The native audio player does that now but I thought that was written in AIR.

Please use plain text.