Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Virtual keyboard covers input field

Hi all,

I made an app with a text input field. When the input field gets focus, virtual keyboard pops up but it does not force the app to re-layout, so the input field is covered by virtual keyboard.

Is this a bug or I missed some settings?

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Virtual keyboard covers input field

This might be related to a known bug when the keyboard pops up and a dialog window keeps on shifting all over the place.  I am certain they are dealing with text entry editting and the virtual keyboard.  If you still want to officially report it, you still can, unless someone from BB can note here that this is being worked.

Developer
My Device: Tegra 2 Android tablet and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Please see my thread related to virtual keyboard issues. You can catch focus in and out  and relayout yourself, if you have only one input field that woul be solution for you.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Is-there-is-a-way-to-capture-even...

http://riahut.com
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you for the reply.

If I do all the re-layout by myself, how much gap should I leave for the keyboard? Is there any document for this? or just try by myself?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Give it a try, but keep in mind there is a known issue with text fields and the keyboard.  For example, if you have a text field near the bottom of the screen, does the keyboard show on top.  Or if the text field is in the middle and there is not enouph room for the keyboard to be on the top or the bottom, what happens?  The current simulator is not a good test for this because of the know issue.  Someone with a later build will hopefully be able to answer this.

Contributor
My Device: 4.2.1(8800), 4.6(9000), 4.7 and above

add the textInputField in a VerticalFieldManager and set the manager properties to be scrollable, now when the virtual keyboard popsup the field will automatically get shifted up

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -

[ Edited ]

For what I expect, the keyboard is always displayed at screen bottom, and layout has to be scroll-up in order to keep controls visible (with a gap around 330).

Is there a known bug about this ?

JC