Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Warning! Debug Token Request deletes contents of a folder if a folder name is specified instead of a BAR file name

[ Edited ]

I wanted to bring attention to an issue that was discovered this morning that could cause loss of data if you are requesting debug tokens from a command line.  Details on the issue can be found here:

Debug Token Request deletes contents of a folder if a folder name is specified instead of a BAR file name

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Debug-Token-Request-deletes-contents-o...

We are working on a fix, which you can track the fix in Issue Tracker here:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TOOL-258

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kiwo
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Warning! Debug Token Request deletes contents of a folder if a folder name is specified instead of a BAR file name

I'm now trying to create a debug token, successfully registered my CSJ file, but when I try to create debug token it says "unable to parse issue date from debug token". What I'm doing wrong?
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm

Re: Warning! Debug Token Request deletes contents of a folder if a folder name is specified instead of a BAR file name

This is an issue we have recently discovered with our tools. You can work around this by changing the local on your PC to English US or create the debug token from a command line.
Mark Sohm

Please use plain text.
Contributor
srlake
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

I have changed the local to English (US) under win 7 x64, and the issue remains (unable to parse issue date). I will try creating one from command line...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KillaRizzay
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: None

I did that and it worked for me. The only difference is first, I ran java from cmd and set the locale that way. Then once I changed my language to Enflish (US) from English (Canada), it worked. Hopefully setting the locale for stand alone java is the last piece of the puzzle for you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kiwo
My Device: Not Specified

I'm using MacOS, what is the workaround here? I tried changing system locale but didn't work too. Will next update solve this issue? I want to try on my PlayBook!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mwille64
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Command line works, but the deployment process creates an invalid token. IT says token Installed, Valid = No, Author = ""

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm

Make sure your PC and BlackBerry PlayBook times are in sync. A debug token is valid from the time of creation + 30 days. If the time on your PlayBook is outside of that range the token will be shown as invalid.
Mark Sohm

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mwille64
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Gee. Simulator was set to set date time automatically. Which was one day in the past. Haven't noticed. Thanks
Please use plain text.