Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
tuxGurl
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

WebWorks and Adobe Air confusion

I'm quite confused and possibly posting this in the wrong place!

I created an app for the playbook using HTML/Javascript. And compiled it using the BlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayBook. I submitted the app and I got an email from RIM saying that I need to: 

Please upload using the newest 0.9.4 SDK

Now here is my confusion. What SDK are they refering to? The Web Works SDK is v1.0.0.23 Beta3 and the Adobe AIR SDK is v2.5. It is the Tablet OS that is v0.9.4. Am I supposed to compile against the Tablet OS? I thought that was only for AIR apps with .as and .swf files. 

Documentation is sparse and I am not sure how to proceed. How do I compile my html/js files against SDK 0.9.4??

Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: WebWorks and Adobe Air confusion

SDKs updated on Mar. 14, 2011 (v1.0.0.23 Beta3) == Simulators updated on Mar. 14, 2011 (v0.9.4)

They want you to compile using the latest SDK... If you already have signed using the leatest...then just ignore that email..everyone got that...esp.. if you have submitted atleast one version in the past that was built using the older SDK.

Please use plain text.
Developer
tuxGurl

I submitted the app on March 9th so it was obviously compiled with the old SDK. I also didnt meet the icon reqs of 86x86 so I have to re-submit. 

Essentially, you're saying that they meant please compile with latest WebWorks SDK but they wrote compile with latest OS SDK??

Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Correct..its just a generic wording to mean use the latest bbwp to compile the Webworks app.

If you go to your vendor portal and look under the history for each version of the app you submitted, you should see exactly which version of the app that emai lwas intended.

For example.. i Submitted version 1.0 with wrong icon size..then later i submitted version 2.0 with correct icon size...and yet i got the email asking me to correct the icon size.. when i looked in the history..i see that the icon size email was listed under version 1.0 and Version 2.0 did not list anything and was approved.

Please use plain text.
Developer
tuxGurl

Thanks for all the info tags07. I will check the vendor portal and post back...

Please use plain text.
Developer
tuxGurl

Under Vendor Portal > Manage Products I see my app listed. I click View under releases but I don't see the level of detail you describe. It only lists the specifications I set for File Bundle Name, Platform, Min OS, Files and Devices. Could it be because I submitted only one release?

Anyway, thanks for all the help. I will compile with the latest SDK and re-submit.

Please use plain text.
Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Click on "Change request tickets" on the left

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Cicero19
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Hi there,

I got this email as well and updated my WebWorks SDK but now when I deploy my apps on the simulator they don't load! The loading splash screen appears then disappears and only the wallpaper background remains indefinitely. I can still swipe the bottom of the screen to close the app.

See screenshot below.. any body else having this issue?!? 

Transparent app screen

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

are you running the newest version of the simulator along with the newest sdk? the simulator version is 0.9.4

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Cicero19
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Yes, WebWorks SDK (v1.0.0.23 Beta3) and Simulator (v0.9.4). 

Please use plain text.