Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
cycletronic
My Device: Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Platinumtel

What are you going to do next?

Ahhhh, you've got your app submitted, it's been accepted, or you are hoping it will be soon.  What will you do next?

As for myself, I'm going to take a little break, then continue adding features to my game for a future release.  Right now the gameplay is basically arcade where the only goal is points, but I plan to add a story and levels, for example.  Including multiple endings, depending on how many points you get.

After that, I have a few more app ideas kicking around that I may eventually get to, as long as life gives me some free moments to work on them.

----------------
WIP game: Melodaeum
My graphically bland but very useful Morse Code trainer: Speed CW
My graphically attractive but boring game: The Rainstorm
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: What are you going to do next?

ahh this is an interesting question -- im gonna hafta take some time to figure it out. most likely gonna go into research-mode :smileyhappy:

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

My main priority will be improving my 2 applications by adding gestures that I can't test without a device. My second app, the Comic Reader (not yet in App World) will be enhanced once the File.browse() properly works with a FileFilter. I am still working on adding .cbr support to the comic reader as well.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
studiochris
My Device: BlackBerry® PlayBook™
My Carrier: .

I'm going to Disney Land! ... in this picture I drew.

I have quite a few features to put together for my app once the hardware arrives. In the meantime, my current desktop applications and a few web projects need attention. Once everything is settled, I plan to port colorbranch to Desktop and other platforms and devices along with customized interfaces for each.

There are a few other ideas running around in my head as well. For one, I've never created a game, so that could be interesting to plan and build.

Please use plain text.
Developer
LoganSix
My Device: Z30, PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Cleaning up my app.

The one I am trying to submit will be a free application,  but portions of it will be used for possibly two other applications that won't be free.  So, I need to add more functionality and clean it up so I can easily move that functionality into the other applications.

GPS location will probably be the first thing, t

Developer
lrrm
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

I'll do another application, which will be available here, and when I see that it pays out I'll port it over to android market place and maaaaaybe to the den of evil, the app store.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Funny, I have been thinking about this. Right now lots of things are going in my mind...I wish i could capture it somewhere in a blog or may be some kind of journal/diary(that i can transfer into my PB ofcourse). Here are a few things going on in my mind:

• Cleanup some of the apps and add new features.
  • I have an online art project in mind that would involve a community of people. I want to give a headstart and open it up for everyone to chip in.
  • There are a few things I'd like to research and design. Prototype a few ideas, mashups. 
  • Think about designing cross platform/cross product app and learning which technology and design elements is best suited for various things. I know its kind of vague..to give you an example there are so many javascript frameworks, one thing I want to understand is what can you do best with some of the key ones..kind of find the best tool for the job.
  • My son is about to enter 1st grade, some things are going on in my mind to put the PB to educational use for his daily worksheet...a reward based system would be nice that he can use to learn from, track progress and earn points for his toys :smileyhappy:
  • Finally, fill my Taxes before the deadline..probably this should be topmost on my list ;-)

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

For me:

• Enhance some of the apps
  • Currently working on 3 new apps
  • Continue to scope out addditional apps. 
Please use plain text.
Developer
billfoust
My Device: BlackBerry Torch

i've been wanting to make a game using the Flixel framework and probably work on porting this demo. I'm keeping pretty busy on other consulting projects though, so who knows when that will happen.

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Please use plain text.
Developer
ajerman
My Device: Playbook Simulator

I've got a bit of work to go on my app still. I just released a free preview with a limited feature set for now since I didn't have time to do everything I wanted.

After that I think I may look into making a Subsonic client app.

Please use plain text.