Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
greenfish
My Device: Not Specified

Where are the Playbook apps to download

I followed a link from a post by jtegen to the Mandelbrot app that he has submitted for the playbook, this is the link:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/screenshots/21686?lang=en

This app has been accepted and can be downloaded, yet when I do a  Search BlackBerry App World with the keyword PlayBook, only 17 apps are listed and Mandelbrot is not one of them.

How do you get a list of apps that are for the playbook? Playbook is not a category that has its own set of apps.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Where are the Playbook apps to download

A new version of App World is suppose to be released "soon".  On the PB, it will probably just show PB apps.  I hope that release will also include an update to the web site, because I agree, not being able to search the catalog of PB apps from the BB website would be very important for me to want to rush out an buy a PB.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

You could try Google with a "site:" filter.  I haven't found it to be a flawless approach but it's better than trying to find stuff in AppWorld directly.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

@peter: its scary how fast App World pages get indexed so fast on google. well not just app world but blackberry.com pages. its like google is waiting for a page to change here - that or RIM pays a lotta do to have google index it fast haha

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Google uses an auto-tuning algorithm to decide how often to crawl a site.  If the bot finds changes often, it will come back more frequently and do more pages in a single session.  

My own site had been idle for months, and after my first updates in December, Google didn't find them for over a week.  Now it's averaging 14 pages crawled per day.  (Still very low compared to many sites I'm sure, but a sign of how it adapts.)

I've noticed the App World updates appear to get discovered in just minutes sometimes.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.