Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
greenfish
My Device: Not Specified

Why does app name contain '-debug'

I am using latest simulator and SDK with Burrito, and create apps with the QNX library.

I created an app, compiled and ran. The name on the simulator was MyContainers-debug yet in the app.xml file the id, filename and name are all MyContainers. Why does -debug appear in the name that is on the simulator as in MyContainers-debug. I checked in run configurations and everything looks good, and I do not run in debug mode.

I had this problem with some other projects and I found that in the -app.xml file the id was appId.debug and the name was appName-debug. When I edited the xml file and removed.debug from the id and removed -debug from the name, this solved the issue and the app on the simulator had the name 'appName' without -debug. But with the MyContainers app this does not work.

Developer
willyyr
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A

Re: Why does app name contain '-debug'

[ Edited ]

If your using FB4, in the project's Properties window, under Flex Compiler, you can add

-debug=false

to compile without debug information. You name should be without the -debug then. 

You can also try compiling a Release Build (FB4: Project-> Export Release Build) and deploy this to your sim via the command line.

For reference see this thread with the same problem and even a pictured description. 

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Developer
T55555

On debug mode, Burrito added -debug for application.

Once you are done, when build the release version, it will not have -debug any more.

So, better just ignore it when application still on debug mode.

---------------------
a) If you like my response/post, please provide a Kudo (white star to the left).
b) If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Contributor
greenfish

I tried -debug=false in the compiler settings and that didn't work.

I did an export release build and then used blackberry-deploy -installApp to deploy to the simulator, and that did work. But whilst still developing this is a big hassle so I will ignore the issue and live with it for now.

Developer
willyyr
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A

You will probably have to uninstall it first from FB4 and then try again with the -debug=false option. Either way glad i could help. 

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Developer
pyth
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane

for those also using the latest Burrito: just like greenfish said, the compiler-option -debug=false didn't do anything except not allowing to go into debug mode.

what i did: you can open the .bar-file you created and open the MANIFEST with a text-editor. remove anything like .debug and -debug (look out you dont remove hidden \r when viewing in textedit), and -if you want to- remove the same things from the -app.xml file. Install via console, restart playbook if necessary and check if the name is fine now or not

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Developer
dmbproduction
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Have you checked the <name>-app.xml in the bin-debug folder to ensure that all cases of debug were removed? it should exist in 2 locations.

Good luck

David

Twitter: dmbproduction
Playbook App: Food Journal