Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
brew1
My Device: playbook 16 gig
My Carrier: verizon
Accepted Solution

app gets paused/frozen right after startup in gpu mode (audio keeps playing)

[ Edited ]

Hi,
Just bought a playbook!

I have an existing Air app on android and iOS, I am now testing it on playbook.

With cpu rendering, its normal, however when I set gpu rendering in the app descriptor, the app stops all rendering and event listeners right after app startup, audio keeps playing and the debugger stays connected.

I'm brand new to the playbook, I see there are power saving modes, perhaps something is putting me to sleep?

I tried:

QNXApplication.qnxApplication.addEventListener(QNXSystemEvent.STANDBY, qnxStandby)

internal function qnxStandby(e:QNXSystemEvent):void {
		trace("sent into standby ----------------------------------");
}

but nothing is ever traced...

The app runs well on older android phones and on iphones, I can't imagine I am overloading the gpu.

I am using flash builder 4.6 and this is how i am structured:

pseudo code

-addChild(loadingImage.png);

-load game.swf

-on complete, addchild(game.swf)

-removeChild(loading image)

When I load the main game.swf file, its running, I get some traces out of, i can see it, but this is when it will just stop all activity and traces except audio.

the swf if good, i can load it this way in cpu mode on the playbook ok, and i can load it this way on android in gpu or cpu mode.

Any help is really appriciated, thanks!

-nick

Please use plain text.
Contributor
brew1
My Device: playbook 16 gig
My Carrier: verizon

Re: app gets paused/frozen right after startup in gpu mode (audio keeps playing)

The issue was caused by setting stage.quality for example: stage.quality = StageQuality.LOW; This caused a freeze in most cases on the playbook. Being new the the playbook, when I read about the power mode APIs I thought that was related, but no it was just a lockup of the application, where the debugger and audio happen to stay connected/playing. hope this helps someone else.
Please use plain text.