Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
ColinHolgate
My Device: PlayBook Simulator

app halts when timeline sound is reached

I have a 22 MB bar file that installed and ran ok (this was using the command line, having published as AIRI from Flash). The startup of the app shows a logo, and then goes into a main menu, and which point some music is supposed to play, but doesn't.

Once the menu is showing there are options to go to Credits, Info, Help, and Start. All of those work, and I can go into the help and info and get back to the main menu ok, though the music still fails to play.

When Start is clicked a timeline animation plays, but at the point where some timeline sound plays, everything halts.

Is there anything special I need to do to get sound to work? I'm using Fusion 3.1.2 for running the simulator, if that matters.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: app halts when timeline sound is reached

hey Colin,

i dont know the cause for the halt but as for the sound the simulator currently does not support it. So you wont be able to hear any sounds from it yet. When you say it halts does the app crash? or is there a pause?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ColinHolgate

I read your post elsewhere about the sound not working yet. I don't think the app has crashed, it's just that at that point there is Stream audio, and when you have stream audio in the timeline, Flash makes the animation sync to it. As there is no sound, the playback stays on that frame. I think it gets somewhat stuck then though, because a button that is in view can be clicked on, but doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

Do you have any idea if the simulator will do sound one day? It makes it tough to test a sound synched animation app!

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

[ Edited ]

Hey Colin,

quick question, are you running your application in debugging mode? I think i read in your other post you weren't. Maybe your application is throwing an error that you arent aware of.

Edit:

ok so i read your other post in the other thread. this conversation is everywhere haha so we'll continue this problelm here. did you try running your application on the desktop environment instead of the simulator? the sound i believe works there.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ColinHolgate

I'll try the desktop app out of interest, but it does use accelerometer and guestures, and might be less exciting as a desktop app.

As for debug mode, I'm not sure how to even do that from Flash. Once the plugin exists life will be easier.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ColinHolgate

Everything works correctly as a desktop app.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

Hey Colin,

what is the command line you are using to deploy it on the simulator and also the command line for the desktop?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ColinHolgate

No need for command line for the desktop version, I just publish it from Flash. For the simulator one I publish an AIRI file, then use this command line to install and launch it on the simulator (I think the post message editor may have changed what I pasted, thinking it was bad html):

/Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.0/bin/blackberry-airpackager
-package AppName.bar -installApp
-launchApp AppName-app.xml AppName.swf blackberry-tablet-icon.png
-device 192.168.232.128
Obviously I had cd'd into the folder where the swf and icon were located.

Please use plain text.