02-14-2011 04:28 PM
I've not submitted any apps to any BB devices, but I'm ready to submit for the Playbook. Can someone point me to a list of steps required to submit an app? For example, signing the app, vendor #'s, paypal accounts, etc.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-14-2011 04:42 PM
Start Here and create an account.
Create a vendor account following these easy steps:
- Agree to the Vendor Agreement for BlackBerry App World
- Enter your personal contact information
- Enter your company contact information
- Associate your PayPal account with your Vendor account. You must have a PayPal account in order to participate in the Vendor Portal for BlackBerry App World. A PayPal account is required for both consumer purchases and payments back to Vendors.
So you need a paypal account. You may be requested to sign an additional document if you are going to be applying as an individual (sole proprieter).
Once you are accepted into the portal, you can submit an app. All you really need if your packaged application (a BAR file) and an image (480x480 png), but here is a more official list.
To submit your app or theme to BlackBerry App World, you’ll first need to create a vendor account. Once your account credentials have been confirmed, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to begin submitting your apps or themes. When submitting your app, be sure to include the following:
- Application name, description and icon or logo
- Category in which your app should be placed
- License type (free, paid or try and buy)
- Wireless service providers your app will be available to
- Countries where your app should be distributed
- Releases and file bundles
02-14-2011 11:55 PM
Thank you very much, this is very helpful.
I set things up as indicated, but I see that I can't submit anything until I've been "approved". How do I ensure I make the deadline for submission? How long does it take to approve?
02-15-2011 12:41 AM
i've been hearing from others that approval hasn't taken very long. somewhere between 2 days and week though. If those are accurate, you should be in good shape.
02-15-2011 06:00 AM
02-28-2011 11:10 PM
I want to submit my app too.
I just want to do this for fun and my app will be for free.
Do I need to pay any amount to get registered as individual vendor?
Also do I need to code sign my app?