Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
VansFannel
My Device: Playbook

barsigner error: Certificate chain not found for

I'm following instruction to sign my BAR file by command line from Blackberry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe Air Development Guide.

To sing my bar I'm using the following command:

blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass <your CSK password> -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your P12 file password> <BAR_file.bar> RDK

And I getting the following error:

barsigner error: Certificate chain not found for client-RDK-XXXXXXXX.csj: client-RDK-XXXXXXXX.csj must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.

I have a barsigner.db file in %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion (I'm using Windows 7 64bits) with a line like this:

RDK=XXXXXXXXXhttp\://www.rim.net/Websigner/servlet/RDK-Waterloo

If I use the number XXXXXXX from barsigner.db to sign my app I get the same error.

What I'm doing wrong? What is RDK from barsigner command?

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: barsigner error: Certificate chain not found for

Try it again - I was just having the exact same error and it suddenly worked after a few attempts.

Must be something going on over at RIM :smileyhappy:

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Developer
VansFannel

and What is RDK from barsigner command?

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

RDK is telling the signer tool to get a signiture from RIM.

The 'author' command is telling the tool that your are signing it with your own certificate.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

it sounds like you have a bad set of keys. you should request for new ones here:

https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKey

i assume you got an email from RIM telling you that you registered correctly? and make sure to run through the registration process only ONCE per key and dont do it over if you think u messed up something like the CSK password. the first three steps can only be done ONCE per key.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
VansFannel

I've done it using Adobe Flash Builder 4.5.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

This is a registration issue.  Did you also configure your p12 certificate?  Information on this error can be found here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Cert_chain_not_found_1527471_11.jsp

Registration and configuration steps are found here:  http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Configure_app_signing_Flash_Builder_1422...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.