Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
osus
My Device: Z10

(bb10) open app at full screen, on front

Hi all!

Is there a way to open an app in full screen view or bring an opened one to full screen?

Suposse my app receives a push notificacion and starts in background, and now I want it to be full screen (it won't be intrusive, user would have choosen it).

OR

My app is minimized and at any time (Alarm) it will need to be full screen.

Is it possible?

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: (bb10) open app at full screen, on front

Notification popup once selected will bring the app forward/open, but you can do it programatically. Nothing is worse when another app takes the focus away from the app you are in. It is user controlled.
Developer
osus

This is not a click on a notification, is after a notification is received app is started in background, this is fine.

How to programatically are you saying to do it?

In the app I'm thinking about, the user will need to be interrupted with this app, dont worry :smileyhappy:

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Programatically bring it to front? You cant. Only the user can.
Developer
Deepu_George_Jacob
My Device: Curve 9380

Please include <fullScreen>true</fullScreen> in your <initialWindow> tag located in app xml file

<initialWindow>
<autoOrients>false</autoOrients>
<aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>
<fullScreen>true</fullScreen>
<visible>true</visible>
</initialWindow>
Developer
osus

Are you really sure that this way you will be able to open an app full screen just receiving a push notification, without user do anything?

Developer
Deepu_George_Jacob
My Device: Curve 9380

Please try it.. This is very simple method to launch app in full screen

Developer
osus

I can't!

I have returned my alpha device so I have no physical device and push notifications only work under real device.

Could you please try it?