Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

blackberry-tablet.xml icon settings are ignored

1. I am using FB "burrito" and SDK 0.9.3. on Windows XP
  2. I have an icon PNG file in the folder "src/assets/icons"
  3. I have the file "blackberry-tablet.xml" in the root of the project src folder, and it contains...
<qnx>
  <initialWindow>
    <systemChrome>none</systemChrome>
    <transparent>false</transparent>
  </initialWindow>
  <publisher>GESwot Inc.</publisher>
  <category>core.internet</category>
  <icon>
   <image>assets/icons/blackberry-tablet-icon.png</image>
  </icon>
</qnx>

However when I deploy this app to the simulator using the FB "run" wizard the icon is consistently ignored and the default icon is used instead.

Any help gratefully received!!

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: blackberry-tablet.xml icon settings are ignored

hey,

try moving your icon from the assets/icons/ to the root directory src and make the appropriate change in the xml file to reflect the move. then try running it. i think it has a problem that its not in the root and its nested. hope that helps. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

You can always troubleshoot such problems yourself by examining the contents of the actual .bar file once it's been created.  They are merely .zip files with a different extension, so you can append .zip to it (if needed) and extract it using any suitable program.

The path to the icon file will be relative to the contained "air/" folder inside that zip.  If the file is missing or not in the correct place, or if your blackberry-tablet.xml file is not in that air/ folder, then it won't work.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Additionally, you have to make certain the blackbaery-tablet.xml file is being packaged up in the BAR file.  If you open the BAR file and you dont see it in the file, then you have to make certain that it is included in the package CLI call that creates the BAR file and deploys the app to the simulator.