Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
mm-umd
My Device: Z10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: None

camera changes from 10.0.10.648 to 10.1.0.4181: default is switched, image is rotated

I have recently updated a Z10 from 10.0.10.648 to 10.1.0.4181. This has caused the camera behavior to be different in two different ways. Previously, the camera acted similarly to iOS and Android, but now the behavior is different. 

1) The default camera is now the front camera instead of the rear camera. This is the opposite of all other mobile devices running AIR I have seen. 

2) The image is rotated incorrectly 90 degrees on the local screen. 

Does anyone have suggestions about how to fix these? I can work around #1 if I have to, but #2 is a serious problem. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mm-umd

Re: camera changes from 10.0.10.648 to 10.1.0.4181: default is switched, image is rotated

More on #2:

My application is setup as landscape only. When the phone is held in a landscape orientation (90 degrees counterclockwise), the image on the phone screen is rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. When viewed, the recorded video is also rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. When the phone is in a portrait orientation, the image on the phone screen is rotated 90 degrees clockwise, and the recorded video is unrotated. 

Obviously there is some kind of adjustment being performed here. The trouble is that it results in the image displayed on the phone always being rotated incorrectly, and I don't know how to turn it off. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: camera changes from 10.0.10.648 to 10.1.0.4181: default is switched, image is rotated

Can you compensate for the change and rotate the image based on the orientation of the device?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mm-umd

I have had a tester use a Q10 as well. The rotation of the video image is not consistent between the Q10 and the Z10. If really necessary I can try to write a separate version for each to try to handle rotation, but it seems like there is an underlying problem somewhere. 

Please use plain text.