Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: certificate registration disappeared

I believe you will get an error if you try to re-register with the same CSJ file.  You may need to get a new set of keys and start over with a new registration.

New Developer
My Device: curve

sorry, that's actually what I meant, but I didn't say it very well.

I just meant whether I go to the page I requested keys from originally or if there is somewhere I email to request replacements, etc.

New Developer

thanks for all the help, jtegen. I went ahead and requested a new key and already have it. I was able to register it. I am still havng some problems, but they are not about the key.

One last thing, do you (or anyone else) know if it's possible to import all this into a new install? Or would I have to get yet another key?

Developer

Not certain what you mean by "new install".  Once you get the keys registered, you can use them for all your apps.  When you re-sign an app, you do need to increment your version.

New Developer

Sorry, not being very clear. I mean I am going to uninstall everything related to BB dev or reload my entire laptop.

I know it seems excessive but it's hard to express how clustered up all my multiple installs are. plus I was thinking of doing a reload for awhile anyways (before I fairly recently started doing bb dev).

Developer

If you're wipe your machine and start over, you can try to copy the .db files from your preferences directory (in Research In Motion), but be prepared to get another set of keys if that does not work.

New Developer

that's kind of what I expected. Thanks for all your help.