Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
lolsoftware
My Carrier: None

Re: failure 500 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF: manifest too large

Hey I got the method to work.. YAY!! Thanks for your help

There is one small issue now though. How do I export a release build. 

Just to be clear when I go to export I only see the files in screenshot 1. This .bar is only 343kb and has no assets in it. To get the screenshot 2 I manually copied the assets into the bin.realease folder... Not sure if this is correct? I really can't find any information regarding this process anywhere.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Carrier: none

I don't use an IDE so I can't help with your question, but I wanted to point out that those BAR*.tmp files are temporary files generated during a build and they are NOT required in your .bar file. Don't select or copy them during your release packaging.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lolsoftware

Yeahthat makes sense. Do I need to include the .bar file? its not ticked by default?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Carrier: none

Definitely do NOT include the .bar... it is the .bar file which is being created when you select a bunch of stuff to be included in something. You would end up including an old .bar file in the new one, or something ugly like that, if you did that.

You should really only be including those asset files which you know you need for your own purposes in your app, along with the -app.xml file, the blackberry-tablet.xml file, and the app's .swf itself.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lolsoftware

Thanks Peter. One last question.. So the fact that I have manually copied the assets into the bin.release folder is ok? It just seems strange to me that I would have to do that? 

Please use plain text.