Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

My Device: Playbook Wifi

flash.media.Video sound and alpha on Playbook

I've been porting an AIR application which uses the class flash.media.Video to play local video content on the Playbook (OS 2.1.0.1314). For the most part it works, but I've tripped over the following two issues:

1. Continuously changing the global sound level using the SoundTransform object in flash.media.SoundMixer doesn't work. If the volume level is set to 0, the sound is muted; anything greater than 0 is equivalent to a level of 1 (full volume).

2. Changing the alpha value (transparency) of the Video object has no effect. (I use this to cross-fade the video before and after playing.)

Whether the video format is F4V or FLV has no effect, but embedding the Video in a SWF file and then playing it (using flash.display.Loader) works properly. However, I can't embed F4V formatted video in a SWF so performance suffers.

Also this functionality (both sound and alpha) works properly running an a desktop AIR environment.

I couldn't find any mention of this in the forums or in the bugs database, so just wondered if anybody else has observed these problems.