Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
manikantan
My Device: -

how to publish to appstpre

I have an app for Playbook nearing completion and wish to publish to the marketplace.

Are the avenues to marketplace open ?

I also hear early submissions win a playbook how do i apply to that ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: how to publish to appstpre

hey manikantan,

currently App World does not have the capability to accept apps for the playbook. it will be available in the coming weeks (most likely by january). it will be announce either via the webinars or the blackberry developer blog (http://devblog.blackberry.com/)

and as for the free playbook offer, RIM has stated that who ever submits an AIR app for the playbook once app world beings accepting apps and gets his or her app approved they will be 'elidgble' for a free playbook. now the details surrounding what the criteria for it are still a little shady so we have to wait till their guidelines come out to be sure what we can or cannot submit.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
manikantan
My Device: -

Re: how to publish to appstpre

Ohh so there is a catch huh...

Anyways thanks for the info..

Please use plain text.
Developer
kdittyr
My Device: Playbook

Re: how to publish to appstore

[ Edited ]

I have heard many times, during the webcasts, that RIM wants to get the playbook into as many developers' hands as possible...  That is a really good way to ensure continued application development for their platform.  The more applications available, the better the acceptance of the device.

Like any offer they will want to have stipulations, I imagine someone who just repackages the Hello World example and submits it to App World is going to get denied.  That is not necessarily a "catch" that is a quality control and protection of their interests.  Until more information is released I don't see any reasons to doubt their intentions.

I have two apps for submission, one is completely done, the other is well on its way to being ready for submission... ...certainly by the end of the month.  These are applications that I would love to use, I just hope they feel the same way about them.  A bonus is that these two applications will be offered in the store for free.  I don't plan to offer all of my apps for free but until I have a unit in hand to really see how I can push the boundaries of the device I will be writing free versions.  I might split the second application into a "lite" version and a more robust pay version for a whopping $0.99 - $1.99.

Yep, retirement here I come. :smileyhappy:

The next webcast is this coming Thursday ( the 9th of December ), it is titled: Develop for the BlackBerry® Tablet OS SDK for Adobe® AIR®: BlackBerry App World submissions

You can sign up for it here:

http://webcast.streamlogics.com/audience/index.asp?eventid=70532953

I am fairly sure they will cover much more information about this subject as it is the title of the webcast.

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Please use plain text.