Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: icon issue continually leading to rejection

Hmm.  Well, I don't use FB, so unfortunately I can't pull it up and find out where that option lives these days.  The knowledgebase article was from 2011 and I think FB Burrito was the current version at the time.  Adobe may have moved that option.  I suggest Googling for "Flash Builder 4.x change application deployment mode" and variations (where you replace "4.x" with whatever version you're on).  Maybe the built in help files from Adobe have the info too; I don't know, since I haven't used FB for over a year.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Normal builds are "debug". You have to go under Project/Export Release Build to produce the final, signed BAR file.
New Developer
My Device: Developer

I've done that, and it has still come out as "-debug", also, when i just tried to re export the final product, i get an error saying that the signing request failed because the file has been previously signed.
Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

Everytime you resign your app, it needs to have a different version number (you can just increment the build number if you wish).

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
New Developer

but that still leads to "-debug" showing up in the simulator. If the problem was fixed shouldn't the sim show that?
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

"-debug" shows up on non-released BAR files. You can create a release build and then use the CLI to side load the app to the simulator.
New Developer

So, I've fixed most of the issues and RIM tells me -debug is no longer appearing, however, my submission of a new release is being denied (File bundle (Countdown.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle.)

this makes me think something went wrong with signing keys (I DID request new ones, but theyre in my inbox and haven't been downloaded)

but Flash Builder also refuses to run the app on the simulator, which makes me think it isn't the signing key at all.....

Deployment Failed: Info: Sending request: Install

Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 7811337
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 7811337 bytes
actual_dname::
actual_id::
actual_version::
result::failure 500 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF:22: unknown attribute 'Entry-Point-Key'

Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

The error message "If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle" usually is in relation to signing keys. If your origonal keys are lost, you can ask for RIM to maually reset this for you in AppWorld.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
New Developer

[ Edited ]

I have my original keys, but i am wary of unregistering because i'm eligible for a free playbook as long as this is not a new release, which is what would happen if i have to apply new keys

Also, i was just able to check my Package ID in my old release file and the new one, they match. Does this indicate this is an issue on RIM's end?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

This error can also occur if your first BAR file was unsigned and you try to upload a signed version.  To resolve it, explain the scenario to App World Vendor Support and they can reset that for you.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker