Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
padplayGames
My Carrier: Bell

Re: in-app purchase error code 30242

I only have one app at the moment that uses virtual goods. I created it, along with the virtual goods, on May 3. The app was approved 2 days later, but the virtual goods (and their corresponding ticket) appeared not to have been touched by RIM. I didn't post the app for sale at that time, waiting for the goods to be approved. I subsequently uploaded a new release of the app, and it was also approved. After a week going by, I asked about the virtual good status via the Vendor Support page. The virtual goods were thereafter approved within a couple of hours.

So at that point, I posted everything for sale, but could not get past the 30242 error. I almost immediately removed the available for sale status, and posted another request via Vendor Support.

I have been in email contact with RIM support a few times since then, and last word I heard was around this time last week, that we should hear something about what 30242 means, "today or tomorrow". That was last week.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
padplayGames

Hopefully we are on a path to understanding the problem. The latest communication I have from RIM is that a test environment has been set up on their side, so they can follow the flow of the virtual goods purchase request from my app. It seems to be agreed that my code is making a proper request. With detailed logs and tracing in the new test environment, they should be able to see what's going on, at the Payment API server side.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
JimmyO

Thx for the update padplay.  Given that your app wasn't up for long, had you considered 'starting over' -- eg creating a new app on the portal and doing a live test to see if the new app links properly (and 'just in case' waiting a while between creating the app and creating the digital good...)  That's what I did -- the only problem is that you get a message saying that the app name is already in use ... but you just have to change the original app name to something different (and leave it as not available for sale) and you can then reuse the app name in your new app.

Pls let us know the outcome if/when RIM gets back to you on their testing.

...Jim

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Remember, digitial goods have to be universally unique not just unique to the application.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
padplayGames

I went through a number of variations with the app and its digital goods, all without success. I made the decision not to put any more time into that until getting to some understanding of what the problem is. There's just not enough hours in the day to play too much "what if" on this one issue.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom

@JimmyO, could you provide the details of your applications? Specifically the product IDs in App World, their status (draft, sent for review etc) as well as the SDK and version that was used to create the application (BlackBerry Tablet AIR SDK 2.0).

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer
My Carrier: Verizon

This error seems to come and go, and doesn't seem to be a problem with the app. I have had some users report getting this error, while many others have continued to upgrade without issues.

Of course I have been unable to replicate the problem myself, so I have no idea what is causing it...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom

Based on the testing by jtegen (I have been working with him on this for a bit) the issue seems to be locked to one BBID for a particular application. The same BBID can buy digital goods from other apps, and other BBIDs can usually buy digital goods from the app in question. 

I'm trying to gather as much information as I can to help pinpoint the cause of the issue.

At this point this does not appear to be an issue with how the app was created, but I will post more details when I can.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
willrobertson
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I get this error when trying to purchase in app purchases in Run In Crowd and Radiant Defense (no problem with Xploding boxes). Can't seem to fix it on my end (as a user) it seems like a bug on App World not on the developer's end.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elite1
My Carrier: Telus

I'm a user, not a developer... at least not yet!

I've had this error code with in-app purchases for the same 2 games as last poster, Run In Crowd & Radiant Defense.

Was finally able to purchase with Run In Crowd by buying something unrelated in AW, leaving AW open, then making in-app purchase immediately afterward.

Tried same "trick" today with Radiant Defense but unfortunately had Wi-Fi issue at my hotel. (So I bought a game I didn't really want...)

I don't understand why users can't have the option of purchasing Items For Sale from within the app's listing in AW, in addition to the current in-app method. If a user had the error code, they could have an instant workaround via AW on-device or the webstore on-PC.

Anyway, it was no big deal with Run In Crowd, but I'm addicted to Radiant Defense now and really need the upgrade to progress. It's really a lose-lose situation for all parties: user, developer, and RIM.

Twitter: @elite1_
Please use plain text.