Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
jbeach42
My Device: 9900 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: in-app purchase error code 30242

Just curious if this ever got resolved.  I still get complaints from some users about this error.  But I also see  successful purchases too.  I've never been able to reproduce it myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apps:Beats Brainwave Entrainment - Awesome Timer - StarSlide - Save Santa
@jamiebeach
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

For the most part, it did get resolved. The best way to resolve it is to have them request a refund (they will get push back from the RIM person) and then re-purchase it. Let them know to tell the RIM person that this is a problem with App World and the only fix is to do this. This seem to resolve my issues with it. They did do a fix to App World (PlayBook) so I am a little surprised people are still getting it unless it is being caused for a different reason then our case (price change with try&buy change)
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

It may also be worth having them upgrade to PlayBook OS 2.1 to see if that resolves the issue as well, there were a few fixes implemented for App World in that OS version.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
jbeach42
My Device: 9900 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks guys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apps:Beats Brainwave Entrainment - Awesome Timer - StarSlide - Save Santa
@jamiebeach
Please use plain text.
Developer
KermEd
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

I have the same problem.  Running OS2.1.  I am also on my third PlayBook with two broken ones beside me (motherboard and battery failures). Tried on a 16gb PB, 32gb PB, 64gb PB and a new 32gb PB.  No change.  Reinstalled many times, tried a fresh install.  No change.

Irony is I dont want to lose my gamesaves.  And the last time I asked AppWorld to delete a game for me and refund they effed it up somehow, and when I click on the game to buy/install it, the options are missing in AppWorld for only the one app.  

I dont trust their hooky overseas discount appworld support team very much so I have long since given up on this issue.  If RIM wont fix it, oh well, 

Ed

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I had to wipe my device to resolve the issue. In my case, I had a development version that was sideloaded that confused everything.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elite1
My Device: Z10 + PB 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

User here.
After catching up on this thread and now being on PB 2.1, decided to try my problematic purchase again. No success.
Tried my little trick of making unrelated successful purchase first and still no dice.

Remember this is with an in-app purchase from a free app, in this case the game Radiant Defense by Hexage.
So there's no refund I can request, per that suggestion.

Twitter: @elite1_
Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

elite1 wrote:
User here.
After catching up on this thread and now being on PB 2.1, decided to try my problematic purchase again. No success.
Tried my little trick of making unrelated successful purchase first and still no dice.

Remember this is with an in-app purchase from a free app, in this case the game Radiant Defense by Hexage.
So there's no refund I can request, per that suggestion.

Are you getting a 30242?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
luko
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: none

This problem actually started for me after upgrading to PlayBook OS 2.1. Before upgrade it was working fine.

My customers can't buy full version of application and customers which already bought app can't use it because trial mode is restored when digital good is not available. 

When I want to buy app I got 30242 error too. I can not change anything with virtual good of this application (price, name, description). I get information "An error occurred while saving to the database." everytime I try to change something.

I think that everything is ok with app, because it worked fine before OS 2.1 upgrade.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

"customers which already bought app can't use it because trial mode is restored when digital good is not available"

Could you clarify? Are you saying that existing purchases cannot be retrieved? 

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.