Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
luko
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Re: in-app purchase error code 30242

I've purchased this item before. People who did it and upgraded os have this problem too. I got many mails with complaints from people who bought this app. I think that if it is only my problem (or few users) I could see app purchases. I can't see any since 4th of october. Before 4th of october it was purchased everyday. I got mails with complaints from people who can't buy this app and having 30242 error.

So why I can't even change price of digital good - when I try to do something with it i got error saying:

An error occurred while saving 'lukoLanPlayer' to the database.

I've  contacted BlackBerry Customer Support and I've got mail with print screen of 30242 error. That's the only help I've got from them.

You can check comments here:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/132316/

There was one much worse but it was automatically rejected by administrator.

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Ok, so now we're getting more info which seems to point to an issue with your vendor account or the specific Digital Good. For this I would recommend engaging the App World Vendor support help as it seems to be very different from the issue that is happening at the beginning of this thread:
https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109
Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer
luko

I've been using this contact form twice for this case but in respond I got only print screen with 30242... :/

Regular Contributor
elite1
My Device: Z10 + PB 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

@gbeukeboom:

One thing wanted to point out, in case it was relevant.

The app I've been mentioning, Radiant Defense, is free. It has Items For Sale in-app after purchase.

Despite it being free, I did notice that sometimes it appears in the Top Paid section of Games in PB AW. (And still says Free!)

Wondering if that's indicative of some back-end issue with that app...? You would know better than me!

PS you made a typo in your sig! It says "Think or" instead of "Think of"

Twitter: @elite1_
Retired
gbeukeboom

elite1 wrote:
@gbeukeboom:

One thing wanted to point out, in case it was relevant.

The app I've been mentioning, Radiant Defense, is free. It has Items For Sale in-app after purchase.

Despite it being free, I did notice that sometimes it appears in the Top Paid section of Games in PB AW. (And still says Free!)

Wondering if that's indicative of some back-end issue with that app...? You would know better than me!

PS you made a typo in your sig! It says "Think or" instead of "Think of"

It could be based on the gross paid towards the app, but I'm not sure myself, may be good to post in a new thread  :smileywink:.

Not a type-o, I was trying to get people thinking... And if you don't buy that I guess I should fix it. Nice catch!

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer
luko

They've fixed one error - now I can edit digital good information in App World vendor portal but my application still doesn't work. I tried many options but it still can't get existing purchases. When I call paymentSystem.getExistingPurchases() function it returns empty array even if someone bought digital good.

RIM's attitude is very disappointing. I've contacted with developer support center few times and I still can't sell my app because of this problem. My customers are mad as well. It is Very frustrating.

Retired
gbeukeboom

Hi luko,

Posting to a new thread in the payment forum would be very helpful:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Payment-Service/bd-p/pay_serv

Please include the following information in your new thread:

1) What type of digital good was purchased (consumable, static, subscription)

2) How was the application installed when testing (side-loaded, App World)

3) Is your BlackBerry ID in the App World Sandbox accounts listing?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!