If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
gpatton
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

many containers on one main page

Hello,

I had an idea for another app and wanted to know someone's suggestion on a feature.

I have about 100 icons arranged in a 10 X 10 grid on the main page. So let's say icon at Row 3 Column 4 is named Joe Shmoe. When Joe's icon is clicked, I want all the other icons to disappear using Tweener (or any other suggestions) and Joe's icon should move to the top left corner. Below his icon, I want to have all his info, so telephone, address, etc etc.

What is the best way to do this?

I figured that his "info" should all be in a container that is hidden outside the screen. When his icon is clicked, the container slides in from the side and displays all the info. When the "Main/Exit" button is pressed, his information is all gone, and all the other 99 icons arrange back into the same place.

Is this doable in having 100 different containers, in addition to their icons? Will it slow things down? Or is there someway of creating a page (i.e. a separate class, not a container) for each icon, that when pressed, tweens in from some location, rather than having containers to do this?

Any idea?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.