Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
ChappyK
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

missing QNXApplication and QNXApplicationEvent

import qnx.events.QNXApplicationEvent;
import qnx.system.QNXApplication;

both those imports indicate that they could not be found??

I have added qnx-screen.swc to my project but everytime I open my project i get this error:

unable to open 'D:\BlackberrySDK\blackberry-tablet-sdk-2.0.0\frameworks\libs\qnx-screen' Picinote Unknown Flex Problem

even though it's pointing at the correct directory, in most cases when I re-add it to the build path it works but the imports still give me the same error. This is driving me crazy and I don't know what to do anymore, can someone help me out please?

I updated my AIR SDK to the latest off the rim website, I have Native SDK 2.0 and running FB4.6 with application set to use AIR 3.1

Show your support and click on the like button when you see a post that was helpful.
Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: missing QNXApplication and QNXApplicationEvent

Go to the project's properties -> ActionScript Build Packaging -> BlackBerry Tablet OS and uncheck Add platform specific libraries to library path. Click Apply and check it again.

You should see a total of 7 swc files added to your Referenced Libraries. 

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
ChappyK

This partially fixed the problem, thanks. Although I'm still getting the 

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: QNXApplicationEvent.

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: QNXApplication.

errors, even after adding qnx-screen.swc again to the build path.

Show your support and click on the like button when you see a post that was helpful.
Please use plain text.
Developer
ChappyK

Ok Solved my issue I think, well at least it works now.

Thanks to zezke I solved the problem parially, although when in flashbuilder it's 

Go to the project's properties -> Flex Build Packaging -> BlackBerry Tablet OS and uncheck Add platform specific libraries to library path. Click Apply and check it again.

then to resolve the missing QNXApplication and QNXApplicationEvent I just added the whole qnx folder to my build path from the Air SDK package. hopefully this helps someone.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
georg22
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

I have the same problem.

I added the qnx-screen.swc to the reference library again.

The codecompletion finds "import qnx.system.QNXApplication" but when i browse the swc in FB, it contains only the following packages: events, media, ui and utils.

When i compile i get an Error: "Description Resource Path Location Type 1172: Definition qnx.system:QNXApplication could not be found. MyApp.as /MyApp line 25 Flex Problem."

I have this problem with FB 4.6 and blackberry-tablet-sdk-2.0.0.

With FB 4.0 and blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.1.0 i have had no problems.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
georg22
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Solved! :Clap:

i needed to import "qnxdevice.swc". This was not necessary in sdk 1.1.0, so i forgot it. 

Please use plain text.