Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
XoomMan
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: verizon

Re: multi-touch capabilities

I haven't done anything with multi-touch yet but I think you would use TouchEvent for multiple touch events. And I think MouseEvent would work like your first option. But I could be wrong.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@XoomMan, you're exactly right.  I was assuming that his comment "although my app is not specifically looking to respond to a multitouch gesture" meant he was actually listening only to the MouseEvents which are automatically generated in parallel to the touch events.

I guess if he's actually responding to TouchEvents, but not handling them properly (i.e. tracking the touchPointIDs), then he could well get behaviour unsuitable for his app.  (I'd say "unexpected" behaviour, but he hasn't describe his expectations really.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
JimmyO
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you guys. I am using MouseEvents - and your guess at what should happen with a second 'touch' happens being ignored by MouseEvents makes a lot of sense.

...Jim

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Try:

Multitouch.inputMode=MultitouchInputMode.NONE

That will just report all touches as mouse events only, and disble reporting of individual touch events or gestures. It's a global setting as far as I can tell, something that Adobe will have to change sometime, because it should realy be component-specific.

The only way to test multitouch at the moment is:

1. on Windows with a touchscreen as a stand-alone AIR app (the simulator doesn't handle touch properly, even with a touchscreen)
  2. on another platform, such as Android or IOS
  3. on a physical PlayBook 

I've used 1) on a Packard Bell Viseo 200T monitor and a Dell Latitude XT2 and 2) on an HTC Desire HD.

Cheers,  - Jon -

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.