Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
alexperri7
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

namespace error

Hi everyone,

Today I was trying to package my app and I got this error:

error 102: Invalid namespace http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.5

All I wanted to do was change the icon for my app. I have already finished and submitted my app and it has been approved and everything. I just wanted to change the icon because I created two more apps and they all fall under the same category so I wanted to have a uniform look to the icons.

I was trying to compile it in Flash Builder 4 (not Burrito), and even when using the command line it still turned up the error.

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: namespace error

Check which SDK you are compiling with (should be 093).  The app-xml file has the incorrect namespace. You can see this at the top of the file. Someone else had a recent thread on this and it turned out that when they installed the SDK they did not merge it with AIR 2.5.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
alexperri7
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks John. What I found out was that for some reason Adobe Air got uninstalled. I had to reinstall it and everything worked fine.

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Carrier: Verizon

Glad I could help.

Please use plain text.