Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

navigator.pushView causing a null error

[ Edited ]

I'm using pushView to switch between views, when I use it the first time it works fine, but when I want to go back to my previous view I get some null ref error going on about some qnx EditableText class. I'm using Air 3.1, beta native sdk 2.0 and beta os 2.0.

has anyone seen this before or have a solution please?

Show your support and click on the like button when you see a post that was helpful.
Developer

Re: navigator.pushView causing a null error

this is the first few lines of the stack trace

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at qnx.stagetext.ui.text::EditableText/setAreaOfInterest()[/home/builder/hudson/workspace/GR2_0_0_CE3-SWF_StageText/src/stagetext/src/qnx/stagetext/ui/text/EditableText.as:818]
at qnx.stagetext.ui.text::EditableText/insertText()[/home/builder/hudson/workspace/GR2_0_0_CE3-SWF_StageText/src/stagetext/src/qnx/stagetext/ui/text/EditableText.as:1045]
at qnx.stagetext.ui.text::EditableText/set text()[/home/builder/hudson/workspace/GR2_0_0_CE3-SWF_StageText/src/stagetext/src/qnx/stagetext/ui/text/EditableText.as:329]
at flash.text:Smiley FrustratedtageText/set text()

Show your support and click on the like button when you see a post that was helpful.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook developer
My Carrier: developer

[ Edited ]

Which coading platform are you using.Like, are you using Flex (OR) Actionscript.

Highlighted
Developer

I always thought Flex was actionscript with xml, either way thats what I'm coding with. Actionscript in Flash Builder 4.6