Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

Re: navigator service failed

Confirmed: The terminating app was exactly my issue.

Also, never wipe your dev alpha. The amount of work required to "Fix" it is not work the effort.  Trust me, I've wiped mine after each OS load.  Its not pleasant.

New Contributor
My Device: 10
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same issue, and, now I don't know how to start debugging again.  I've restarted FB, unplugged my BB10 device from USB, but, still:

result::failure 500 /pps/system/navigator/control: navigator service failed

This is a little frustrating...the only way I could get going again is to restart the device, re-enable development mode,  is there a quicker way?

I just upgraded the device to the latest BB OS, I'm on a MacBook Pro, using FB 4.7.  The BlackBerry Link can see the device (and login) with no issue. 

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

dwelch, you said you restarted FB but didn't say you've restarted your BB10 device. Try that if you haven't.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
My Device: 10
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for the response, and, sorry, I just updated my post to include that I did restart both and it worked...but, is there a better method?
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Some things get out of sync now and then. You should not have to do that each time.