Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

playbook simulator debug host ip

hi

when setting up the debugging configuration from flash builder, you must specify your computers ip address for the debug host ip address so that debugging into the playbook simulator will work.

however, if you are on some local wireless connection, if the connection is dropped and re-assigned or even when you re-boot, you must check this newly assigned ip address and update the debug ip address.

is there any way around this ? it should be possible to just specify the localhost ip address and have this all work without an internet connection ??

thanks.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: playbook simulator debug host ip

hey,

i know how you feel. i hate it when you hit debug only to find out your IP changed. its the worst. unfortunately if you are on a DHCP server type router you are going to have to change your IP in the debugger every time your IP changes. the workaround is to give yourself a static IP from the router if possible and "reserve" it that way it never changes.

the other workaround is to change your network settings in VMware to "Host Only (Private Network)". this will create a private network between your computer and the simulator. using this approach will keep your host Ip the same everyime u reboot your computer or hte simulator. works 100% of the time. the drawback though is that you wont have an active internet connection to the simulator and it wont have access to the internet. there are softwares and such available to create a "tunnel" to work around that problem but im not aware of anything. so if you dont need a net conection for your app, i say take this approach. hope that helps. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman