Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
CTR1
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320
Accepted Solution

question about .as files/programs

Hopefully my question hasn't been asked already but I think it has a simple answer, I just need confirmation from the pros :robotwink:

Anyways, if I made a file/program in Flash, not flash builder, and it had the file extension ".as" would I be able to open it/export it to flash builder and then debug it to the BB SDK and subsequently test it on the BB SIM(ie: like some people did on the AIRHelloWorld.as test app)?

Thanks in advance!

C41vin Tirr311
O.O -_-
-Look through the posts before posting a new question.
-Kudo people who posted something you found helpful.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
elena_laskavaia
My Device: PlayBook

Re: question about .as files/programs

Lets say your file called called aaa.as. Create a Flex project in Flash Builder. On the last page of wizard, replace suggested application file such as "test.mxml" with text "aaa.as". Click Finish.

When project opens drap and drop your actual aaa.as into the place of one in the project from File Explorer (or whatever file manager on your platform).

FB should automatically compile it and produce aaa.swf in bin-debug folder. You may also have to modify aaa-app.xml file and create a proper application icon. After that follow the Getting Started instructions on creating the debug launch configuration for this project.

Developer
CTR1
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320

Thank you very much for this!

C41vin Tirr311
O.O -_-
-Look through the posts before posting a new question.
-Kudo people who posted something you found helpful.
New Developer
bwblackett
My Device: 9700 Bold

But we can't use mx.???? libraries in ActionScript for the tablet - is that right?

Developer
shawnblais
My Device: Not Specified

All the Flex libraries will technically run in AIR.

But alot of the MX libraries won't work, because they are not mobile optimized in their UI, ie the hit area's are tiny.  For example, default scrollbar are basically unuseable because they're so teeny.

But, for example something like mx:image is just an image component, in that case it will work just fine since there's no optimizations that need to be made.