Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
mikejpoole
My Device: 9500, PlayBook (arriving soon)
Accepted Solution

"BlackBerry Tablet" option Missing in Target platforms in Burrito

I am trying to set up a new ActionScript Mobile AIR project in Flash Builder 4.5.0  Burrito but the "BlackBerry Tablet" option does not exist on the Mobile Settings page. 

Does anyone know why it is not not there?

Regards,

Mike

Developer
willyyr
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A

Re: "BlackBerry Tablet" option Missing in Target platforms in Burrito

Did you make sure version 0.9.1.  of the SDK is installed correctly?  Try reinstalling it with administrator right if your on a windows machine. 

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Contributor
mikejpoole

Hi Willy.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have installed the AIR 0.9.1 SDK when logged in as administrator a couple of times now. I have also restarted the machine a few times and make sure I am running Burrito as administrator.

There is still only the Android option.

I have been doing some research and it seems that quite a few people have this problem and have not found a solution yet.

Cheers,

Mike

P.S. I am running Windows 7.

Developer
willyyr

Did you run the setup for the SDK as administrator as well?(I mean right click-> Run as administrator) Did you select the right directory for your Burrito installation when installing the SDK? 

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Contributor
mikejpoole

Hi Willy.

I did not specifically "Run as Administrator" because I was logged in as administrator. That should be fine shouldn't it?

I selected the Burrito directory when installing the SDK.

Regards,

Mike

Developer
willyyr

Please try running it explicitly as administrator, even when your logged in as administrator programs are often executed with least privileges in win7. 

Willy R.
-
Contributor
mikejpoole

Hi Willy.

I just explicitly ran the SDK installer as administrator and it did not help.

Regards.

Mike

Developer
willyyr

I know it's tiring but some people where successful reinstalling it all. So removing burrito+sdk completly and reinstalling it.

Willy R.
-
Contributor
mikejpoole

Thanks very much Willy, that worked.

Much kudos to you.

New Contributor
mattkirkey
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Something is definitely messing up.

I've uninstalled the SDK and application, reinstalled as Administrator, tried it on two different PCs and STILL I can't get the Blackberry Tablet option to show up as a Target Platform.

Anyone from RIM or any other developers have any ideas on how to get it fixed?

I've downloaded Flash Builder Burrito (flashbuilder_burrito_287807.exe) and BlackBerryTabletSDK-Air-Installer-0.9.2-Win.exe.

I install Burrito first, as administrator, then install the TabletSDK, as administrator.  I change the default directory to C:\program files\adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito.

I've tried the default SDK Directory (C:\program files\adobe\adobe flash builder burrito\sdks\4.5.0)

I've also copied the Air SDK 2.5 into there and set it as the default SDK directory as well.

It will install perfectly fine, but when I launch Flash Builder Burrito afterwards, I never see 'Blackberry Tablet' as a target option when I create a new Flex Mobile Project.

HELP!!

Thanks!

edit:  I'm running Windows 7 x86  (i've also tried it on a Windows 7 x64 machine - no luck either way)